Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A first session: an introduction

There is a lot for me to learn, and one thing I will never claim is to be an expert in anything about health. Homeopathy/naturopathy included. (I'll have to talk about the difference between the two in the future.) Most of the things I say here come from other places. In the next series of posts, I'll share some notes I've made from meeting with my naturopath, as well as some things I've picked up before and after.


My first appointment with Ms S (the naturopath) was like any GP appointment. Started out with a medical history, including those of what I know from my immediate family, and on to even my parents' siblings. Fortunately she has studied my records from since I arrived in Sydney, so she only need clarify some of these. She works closely with my surgeon from 2006, Dr J, so I'm happy that she knows what he knows.


A large part of the reason why I came to see her is described in a previous entry. Because of the recent symptoms I described to her, she became concerned that I might need another surgery by mid-year this year. We agreed to make a plan and time-frame on a course of action that will help alleviate the symptoms, and also slowly get me out of the pill regimen.


I'll cut up the things we talked about into a series of posts, and see how far it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment